1. Acquisition of personal information
Our firm will acquire personal information only where necessary and by legitimate means.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
Our firm will use personal information as follows. Unless permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law, or other relevant laws or ordinances, we would not use personal information for any other purpose than listed below without the relevant individual’s prior consent:
* Conducting matters on behalf of clients;
* Providing information such as speeches, seminars, workshops, publications and other events;
* Sending (by mail, fax, e-mail and other means) books, articles and other related information or greeting cards such as New Year’s cards;
* Responding to inquiries; and
* Other purposes incidental to those listed above.
3. Custody of personal information
Our firm retains personal information appropriately in accordance with our internal procedures, educates our staff, supervises our outsourcees, etc., in proper handling of personal information and takes preventive measures against the disclosure or loss or damage of personal information as well as unauthorized access, etc.
4. Provision of Personal information
Our firm would not provide personal information to a third party unless we have the consent of the relevant individual or we are permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other relevant laws or ordinances.
5. Disclosure, amendment or suspension of using, etc., of personal information
If we receive a request from an individual to disclose, amend/supplement or delete, suspend or permanently cease the use of the personal information, cease to provide the personal information to a third party, or notify the purpose of use, our firm would respond according to the Personal Information Protection Law after verifying the identity of the person making the request.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to your request if disclosure, etc., would not be required under the Personal Information Protection Law or other relevant laws or ordinances.
Please also note that we may charge a handling fee in respect of any request for notifying the purpose of use or disclosure of the personal information.
6. Contact for inquiries
All requests, questions, complaints and other inquiries with respect to our firm’s handling of personal information should be directed to our Administration Department at the address below.
Address: Sanno Park Tower 14F, 11-1, Nagatacho 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6114, Japan
(From 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)