Hiroyasu Kageshima delivered a lecture titled “How to Manage Cookies under the Amended Personal Information Protection Act.”
The outline of the lecture is as follows:
Host: Seminar Info Co., Ltd.
Date: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 13:30 – 15:30
Venue: Seminar Info Co., Ltd./Online
Lecturer: Hiroyasu Kageshima
How to Manage Cookies under the Amended Personal Information Protection Act
~ Situations Requiring Acquisition of Consent and Matters to Explain on the Website ~
Those who wish to learn about digital-related operations under the Personal Information Protection Act in the legal, compliance and audit departments of all industries.
1. Information technology and concepts to understand
(1) What are cookies?
(3) Analytics tools
(4) Marketing using DMP and CDP
(5) Sales activities using MA tools
2. Providing personal data
(1) Basis of the distinction between when consent is necessary and when it is not necessary
(2) Data checking by the vendor
(3) Uploading the hash value of an email address
3. Providing individual-linked information
(1) Points to note in regulations
(2) Basis of the distinction between when consent is necessary and when it is not necessary
4. Language to post on the website and how to obtain consent
(1) Method of obtaining consent
(2) Information to be presented when obtaining consent
(3) Should a pop-up window be displayed even if not legally required?
(4) What to stipulate in cookie policies