Host: SMBC Consulting Co., Ltd.
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 14:00 – 17:00
Venue: Gofukubashi Building or Online
The Basics and Practical Operations to Address Personal Information Protection Act and the My Number Act
Plain and Well-Structured Explanation of the Two Acts
~ The basics of law, latest trends, and points for practical operations that personnel in charge of general affairs and human resources should know ~
Outline of the Seminar
1. Personal Information Protection Act
1) What is “personal information”?
– Are business cards and security camera footage personal information?
– Operations involving the handling of “sensitive personal information”
2) Regulations and practical operations concerning the “collection” of personal information
– The meaning of “specifying” the purpose of use “as explicitly as possible”
– Differences among “notifying,” “announcing,” and “clearly indicating” the purpose of use
3) Regulations and practical operations regarding the “use” of personal information
– Cases where the purpose of use can be changed
– What is “prohibition on inappropriate use”?
4) Operations to “keep and manage” personal information
– What are safety control measures? (Storing information in a foreign country under the amended Act)
– Supervision of outsourced companies (What should be incorporated into the outsourcing contract?)
5) Practical operations concerning providing information to third parties
– Cases where the consent of the principal is required, and cases where such consent is not required
– Information sharing by way of outsourcing and shared use
– Rules governing the provision of information to a third party in a foreign country and the amended Act
6) Responses to requests for disclosure by a principal (points on the amended act)
7) Basics of “pseudonymized information” and “anonymized information”
8) Rules governing the handling of “individual-linked information” under the amended Act
2. My Number Act
1) What is the My Number System?
– What are My Number, Specific Personal Information, and Corporate Number?
– My Number Card and Notification Card
– Processes Using Individual Numbers and Processes Related to Individual Numbers
– Differences from the Personal Information Protection Act
2) Situations where it is necessary to refer to My Number data
– Procedures concerning national taxes and local taxes
– Procedures concerning social insurance
3) Operations to collect My Number data
– Notification of the purpose of use, etc.
– Identification of the principal
– Handling of the “statement for (changes of) tax deduction for dependents, etc.”
– Operations to collect My Number data from business connections to which payments have been made
4) Information management related to My Number
– Safety control measures
– Supervision of outsourced companies
5) Providing My Number data
– Providing My Number data to a company to which an employee is seconded or transferred
6) Disposition of My Number data
– When to dispose of My Number data – My Number data of spouse and other family members who have ceased to be dependents